Why is this the worst idea I have seen:
1. I don't know a single serious genealogist that doesn't use some sort of desktop software to organize their database. They use it to:
- Create charts and reports
- Show a view of a tree for relatives and other people
- Detect anomalies in their tree.
2. FTM downloaded all of the images and media that I attached to my tree automatically. Now I guess I have to go back and download all of my media that I have been storing inside of Family Tree Maker.
3. It gave us a good way to use Ancestry but still maintain our data separately and a way that we could be independent from Ancestry's service if we wanted to.
I am pretty mad!